Amazon.com/mytv | Enter code | Primevideo.com/mytv
www.amazon.com/mytv – You just unpacked a brand new Amazon device and want to explore something new with it, learn here, how to get started? Here you will get to learn how to connect your device with Amazon prime so, you can watch prime videos anywhere on your device. Users need to create an Amazon account if they don’t have an Amazon account and enter the Amazon my tv activation code to watch Amazon prime videos on your device.
How to Setup/Activate Amazon Prime on Smart Tv?
- The first step to create Amazon my tv account –
- Visit amazon.com/mytv or Amazon prime video on your pc using any web browser.
- Click on “Create an Amazon account”
- Follow the instructions display on the screen to create a new Amazon account
- Enter your name, email, password
- Re-enter the password again
- Now, click on “Create your account”
- After your account has been created successfully, the user will be redirected to the page that will ask Amazon activation code, enter the Amazon activation code.
How to Get Amazon Activation Code on Smart Tv?
- Visit the Amazon app on your smart TV
- Login Amazon prime account
- Then you redirected to the page where the code will display
- 6 Digits prime video code will appear on the screen
- For example – JSJJSK
- Enter the code in the activation Box on your PC
- Your TV has been successfully registered with your Amazon Prime Account.
NOTE: You can find information about registered products such as your TV on Manage My Device
Steps to Activate Amazon on Smart TV Using Amazon.com/mytv
- Connect your TV to the internet service provider
- Visit the application store on your smart TV
- For this, search prime video app from the search bar
- Download Amazon prime video app from the store
- Install Amazon tv by clicking on the install button
- Login to Amazon prime account at www.amazon.com/mytv
- Enter Amazon video activation code when asked
- Click on “Continue” to proceed to the next step
- After the successful activation, the user will receive the congratulation message on the TV screen
- Press the continue button to Amazon my tv app
- Now users will able to watch videos on Amazon Prime videos on your android with the prime app.
Having trouble activating your subscription?
Can You Login with Amazon at www.amazon.com/mytv?
You can only enter your Amazon account information to access subscriptions that feature Login with Amazon. You’ll see a Login with Amazon option on the provider’s website, service, or app when this option is available. If the subscription doesn’t feature, you’ll need an account with the service provider to access it. This account is separate from your Amazon account at amazon.com/mytv and is what you’ll always use to access the subscription service.
FAQ’s for Amazon.com/mytv
Try Again from Your Memberships and Subscriptions
If you weren’t able to activate your subscription right after checkout, you can also start the process at any time from your memberships and subscriptions in your account at primevideo.com/mytv. You’ll see a notification at the top of your memberships and subscriptions about any subscriptions you still need to activate. The activation process from your memberships and subscriptions uses pop-ups, so make sure pop-ups are enabled for your web browser before you continue. Then, find the subscription you need to activate, and look for a register or Sign In button. This opens a new window you can use to sign in or create a new account with the service provider.
Check Amazon Account Information
When signing in to an existing account during subscription activation, you’ll need to enter the information you originally used to set up your Amazon account with the service provider. Be sure to follow the instructions on the service provider’s sign in or registration screen.
Check Your Device
Make sure the device you’re using is compatible with the subscription service at amazon.com/mytv. To check device compatibility, go to your memberships and subscriptions and select the title of the subscription to return to the detail page. Look for the supported devices section, which lists all the devices and/or system requirements you need to use the subscription service.